I promised you I would have more to say on marriage, and by jove, here it is! I want to publicly proclaim my goals/intentions for our marriage. That way, if I fail you can print out this page and kick me while I’m down. Oh wait, no… don’t do that. I don’t think that would help. Plus, I have no plans for failure, only for God to consume us.
- I want to die to self and love her like Christ loves the Church and gave himself up for her.
- I want to earnestly seek God as an individual and as a couple.
- I want to be a Godly spiritual leader of my household.
- I want to make her feel like she is a rare treasure.
- I want to do the small things that make her smile.
- I want to open our home to friends, family and God’s plans.
- I want to seek accountability and counsel on a personal level and as a couple.
- I want to surprise her with romantic dinners and other devious things.
You might think these are rather lofty sounding things, but I believe God to be the do-er of lofty things. God really is the key here. Both Keri and I know that our marriage would not be worth it if we weren’t bringing God into from the beginning. It’s a bit cliche, but it is the cord of three strands that cannot be broken. Despite our compatibility and happiness and love and all that good stuff there will be trials and rough times in our marriage and we know that the key to facing them is God. Do I have more to say? I don’t know. I’m tired. If I have more to say, there will be a part tres. If I don’t, there will not be a part tres. That is all.